In my lightboxes:
Smokey Sunset On Cooper Mountain, Washingtomn
Steve G. Bisig
- Title: Smokey Sunset On Cooper Mountain, Washingtomn
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cooper Mountain
- Nearest Town: Chelan
- GPS Longitude: 120
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In August of 2007, I mapped out and drove a North-South overland route across Washington State in my Toyota Land Cruiser. My goal was to travel as near to the crest of the Washington Cascades as possible.
On Day 3 of my 4 day journey, I camped on top of Cooper Mountain near Chelan, Washington. Cooper Mountain is a site of an old fire lookout (no longer there) and provides wide open views of the surrounding countryside.
On the day that I camped there, there were wildland fires burning in the area, which provided for a very dramatic sunset.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikon 18-200
This Photo Has Been Viewed 123 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!