In my lightboxes:
Claret Cup Cactus At Sunset
- Title: Claret Cup Cactus At Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Nearest Town: Fredericksburg
- Brief Directions: Go north on Hwy 16 out of Fredericksburg, turn left on 965 and continue 10 miles or so till you reach Enchanted Rock.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: For a few weeks at the end of March and beginning of April the claret cup cactus is in bloom in Central Texas. This particular day I had spent the better part of the afternoon scouting for them when I spotted this one growing in the crack between two large boulders. I made a mental note of it's location and returned at sunset to capture this image.
- Gear: Nikon D5100, 18-200, Singh Ray 4 stop reverse split ND
This Photo Has Been Viewed 153 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!