In my lightboxes:
- Title: Waiting For Butterflys
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shenandoah River
- Nearest Town: Berryville, Virginia
- Brief Directions: Along the Shenandoah River in Virginia
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A Picture of a thistle in the late afternoon.I put my best macro lens on for this close up shot. I waited for the sun to get low and the light right before I took this shot. With the 100mm I need a good deal of light so it shortens the available time. That is, the time when the golden hour starts and it's too dark for the 100mm on close ups, without a flash. Thistle, in general, are quite tall and blow around in the slightest of wind. Luckily the wind was still that day so I was at the right place at the right time. Note: I highly recommend you bring your tallest tripod to shoot thistle.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 100mm 2.8L macro, Slik Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!