In my lightboxes:
- Title: Lupinus Succulentus
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sheffield Reservoir
- Nearest Town: Santa Barbara
- Brief Directions: Located in Santa Barbara, California. Highway 101 North to exit 95, merge onto S. Salinas St. At traffic circle take 2nd. exit onto Sycamore Canyon Road and continue onto Foothill Rd/Stanwood Dr., then turn onto Mission Ridge Road.
- GPS Longitude: 119
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: One of my favorite native California wildflowers is Lupinus succulentus, a species of lupine. My first 2013 sighting was in March at the Sheffield Reservoir area in Santa Barbara, California. The hillside across from the reservoir was a blanket of wildflowers, a palette of colors. This beauty of this Lupine especially caught my eye so I tried to photograph exactly what I saw.
- Gear: Nikon P500
This Photo Has Been Viewed 82 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!