In my lightboxes:
Guardian Of The Foothills
- Title: Guardian Of The Foothills
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kern River Canyon
- Nearest Town: Bakersfield
- Brief Directions: Take Hwy 178 east from Bakersfield for about 15 miles, turn left on Rancheria Road just before entering the Kern River Canyon
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A stately oak stands guard at the lower elevation foothills of the Southern Sierra Nevada, graced by a thick carpet of wildflowers at sunset, along Rancheria Road just east of Bakersfield, California.
- Gear: Pentax K10D, Sigma 17-70mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 246 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!