In my lightboxes:
- Title: Whispering Flowers
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt. Hood National Forest
- Nearest Town: Welches
- Brief Directions: From Downtown Portland (Approx. 46 miles - about 1 hour and 15 min.):
1. Take Front Ave. to Morrison Bridge traveling east to I-84. Continue on I-84 eastbound until you reach Exit 16, 238th/Wood Village
2. Turn right (south) onto 238th Dr. which becomes 242nd Dr. Continue on 238th approx. 2 .5 miles until you reach Burnside Rd. (becomes Hwy 26)
3. Turn left on Burnside traveling east toward Mt. Hood
4. Proceed approx. 28 miles east on Hwy 26 through the town of Sandy to Welches
5. At the traffic signal about 16 miles past Sandy, turn right at the signal onto Welches Rd. and drive approx. 8/10th of one mile to Woodruff Way (on the right side of Welches Rd.)
6. Turn right onto Woodruff Way and continue until you reach Nicklaus Way
7. Turn left
8. Registration is at the clubhouse, located at 67800 E Nicklaus Way (on your left at the Whispering Woods II sign)
The trail is just a few blocks from the resort, next to the golf course
- GPS Longitude: -121.957511902
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this photo while hiking on a trail near the golf course at Whispering Woods resort. It was a lovely summer day and there was late afternoon light. The forest was filled with lovely wildflowers. I used my Sigma 70 - 300 telephoto lens set to macro at 300 mm to get this closeup. I shot in manual mode without a flash at f 5.6, 1/125 second. This gave shallow depth of field with soft pastel shades of color in the background.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Sigma 70-300 zoom, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 238 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!