In my lightboxes:
- Title: Flowers In The Woods
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt Hood National Forest
- Nearest Town: Welches
- Brief Directions: From Downtown Portland (Approx. 46 miles - about 1 hour and 15 min.):
1. Take Front Ave. to Morrison Bridge traveling east to I-84. Continue on I-84 eastbound until you reach Exit 16, 238th/Wood Village
2. Turn right (south) onto 238th Dr. which becomes 242nd Dr. Continue on 238th approx. 2 .5 miles until you reach Burnside Rd. (becomes Hwy 26)
3. Turn left on Burnside traveling east toward Mt. Hood
4. Proceed approx. 28 miles east on Hwy 26 through the town of Sandy to Welches
5. At the traffic signal about 16 miles past Sandy, turn right at the signal onto Welches Rd. and drive approx. 8/10th of one mile to Woodruff Way (on the right side of Welches Rd.)
6. Turn right onto Woodruff Way and continue until you reach Nicklaus Way
7. Turn left
8. Registration is at the clubhouse, located at 67800 E Nicklaus Way (on your left at the Whispering Woods II sign)
The trail is a couple of blocks from the resort next to the golf course.
- GPS Longitude: -121.957511902
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: While hiking in the woods near Whispering Woods resort in late afternoon, I used my 70 - 300 telephoto at 300 mm macro to take this closeup of a flower. I put the focus on the bud in the center of the flower to draw the focus into the flower. I used manual with no flash, f 5.6 1/320 sec to get a shallow depth of field to make soft background colors.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Sigma 70 - 300 Telephoto, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 218 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!