In my lightboxes:
- Title: Wildflower In Woods
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt Hood National Forest
- Nearest Town: Welches
- Brief Directions: From Downtown Portland (Approx. 46 miles - about 1 hour and 15 min.):
1. Take Front Ave. to Morrison Bridge traveling east to I-84. Continue on I-84 eastbound until you reach Exit 16, 238th/Wood Village
2. Turn right (south) onto 238th Dr. which becomes 242nd Dr. Continue on 238th approx. 2 .5 miles until you reach Burnside Rd. (becomes Hwy 26)
3. Turn left on Burnside traveling east toward Mt. Hood
4. Proceed approx. 28 miles east on Hwy 26 through the town of Sandy to Welches
5. At the traffic signal about 16 miles past Sandy, turn right at the signal onto Welches Rd. and drive approx. 8/10th of one mile to Woodruff Way (on the right side of Welches Rd.)
6. Turn right onto Woodruff Way and continue until you reach Nicklaus Way
7. Turn left
8. Registration is at the clubhouse, located at 67800 E Nicklaus Way (on your left at the Whispering Woods II sign)
The trail is a couple of blocks from the resort, next to the golf course.
- GPS Longitude: -121.957511902
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this photo while hiking in the woods near Whispering Woods resort. This flower was growing on the riverbank. I used my 70-300 telephoto macro at 300 mm, using manual setting f 5.6 1/320 sec to get a shallow depth of field. This allowed a focus on the flower with the background colors soft and abstract. It was late afternoon, so the light was perfect.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Sigma 70-300 Telephoto macro at 300mm, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 310 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!