In my lightboxes:
Wildflowers By Stream In Woods
- Title: Wildflowers By Stream In Woods
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mt Hood National Forest
- Nearest Town: Welches
- Brief Directions: From Downtown Portland (Approx. 46 miles - about 1 hour and 15 min.):
1. Take Front Ave. to Morrison Bridge traveling east to I-84. Continue on I-84 eastbound until you reach Exit 16, 238th/Wood Village
2. Turn right (south) onto 238th Dr. which becomes 242nd Dr. Continue on 238th approx. 2 .5 miles until you reach Burnside Rd. (becomes Hwy 26)
3. Turn left on Burnside traveling east toward Mt. Hood
4. Proceed approx. 28 miles east on Hwy 26 through the town of Sandy to Welches
5. At the traffic signal about 16 miles past Sandy, turn right at the signal onto Welches Rd. and drive approx. 8/10th of one mile to Woodruff Way (on the right side of Welches Rd.)
6. Turn right onto Woodruff Way and continue until you reach Nicklaus Way
7. Turn left
8. Registration is at the clubhouse, located at 67800 E Nicklaus Way (on your left at the Whispering Woods II sign)
Trail is a couple of blocks from resort next to golf course
- GPS Longitude: -121.957511902
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this photo while hiking in the woods near Whispering Woods resort. It was late afternoon, and it was just gorgeous and magical. I tried to capture the mood of the afternoon in this photo.
- Gear: Nikon D40, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 524 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!