In my lightboxes:
- Title: Devil's Gulch
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Devil's Gulch Park
- Nearest Town: Garretson
- Brief Directions: From Garretson, South Dakota you stay on the highway and drive North right by the John Deere place is a road to your right, you turn on this road marked Devil's Gulch sign. Follow this road and look for signs.
- GPS Longitude: 96
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This was taken just before a severe storm when the sun was trying to burn through the clouds casting an orange glow to the already colorful rocks and scenery. It was a September day and you can see that the foliage at the top of the gulch is dead with warm colors, but the foliage at the bottom is green and alive.
- Gear: Eos 5D mark 2 camera, EF24-105 mm lens, Tripod, Tifen polorized camera filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 167 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!