In my lightboxes:
- Title: Moss Rock
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Garden of The Gods Park is on the west side of Colorado Springs and the main entrance is off 30th Street.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Many of the sandstone rocks in Garden of The Gods Park have these mosses growing on them. Such rocks are also a favorite landscaping item in the southwest and are often used in construction for fireplaces. There are several types of moss rock but those in our dry climate usually have this appearance. When viewed more closely, as in this image, the moss appears almost like polyps of undersea coral.
- Gear: Sony DSC-F828 Camera, Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonar T* 7.1X Zoom Lens, Cokin Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 154 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!