In my lightboxes:
- Title: Earth_sea Binder Iv
- State/Province/Region: Rhode Island
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Beavertail Light
- Nearest Town: Jamestown
- Description: This is one of a series of "Rock Rope", the bands of milky quartz which travel the land and sea. This one dared and taunted the rising tide and seemed to float defying the tide's determination to return them to the sea. At this point the rapid increase of the filling tide and the arrival of twilight made the captures a dance of hearing and feeling the approach of each surge, dashing, railed camera and pod in hand to avoid a drenching. As each became more determined I promised "OK, I'm done" , finishing the day making bargains with the sea. Minor White would invite his students to know the spaces of experience. This was a good day of spaces. The assignment of committing to close-up, macro, one lens, one place, long time , spaces where clarity and awareness , spaces where images take place, allowed these to speak their own words and offer them for me to listen, to adjust my subtle conciousness... to speak a quiet thank you.
- Gear: Kirk Rail, arca ballhead on ground quad pod with multiple quick releases, CP and ND filters, wetsuit pants and boots.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 321 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!