In my lightboxes:
- Title: Ying Yang Dunes
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley
- Nearest Town: Stovepipe Wells
- Brief Directions: You can see these dunes from Highway 190 just outside of the small town of Stovepipe Wells. There is a nice paved parking lot with rest rooms from where you can venture out to the dunes (maybe 150 yards to the dunes). Because of the ease of access here there are a lot of people and tracks. If you want less crowds and no tracks you have two options. One, get up early, as the wind often blows away the tracks from the day before, or drive East on Hwy 190 just a bit and hike into the the dunes. This makes for a 1/4 to 1/2 mile hike to the dunes, but you will have far fewer people and tracks.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Part of my self assignment to capture stunning black and white images of Mesquite dunes in Death Valley.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, 18-70mm, Tripod and cable relasese
This Photo Has Been Viewed 102 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!