In my lightboxes:
- Title: Horseshoe Bend
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vermillion Cliffs
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: Go south of Page about a mile or two and there is a parking lot on the west side of the Flagstaff Hwy. It's about a 1/4 of a mile hike to the edge of the canyon.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This image was achieved by waiting for the sun to go down to get even lighting and more saturation of color, and by using a long exposure. I am afraid of heights, so I had to crawl up to the edge here and lean my tripod over the cliff to get most of the water in the shot! It is a 1,000 ft. drop-off here!
- Gear: Canon XSI, Tamron 10-24mm zoom lens, Manfrotto tripod, cable release, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 164 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!