In my lightboxes:
Non-iconic Horsetail Fall
- Title: Non-iconic Horsetail Fall
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: Yosemite National Park can be accessed from the west on California Highways 120, 140, and 41 year round. It can be accessed from the east on 120 late spring until first snowfall in late autumn.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Horsetail Fall is usually photographed in color because it turns orange and red with the light of the setting sun in late February. However, it is a stunning feature in Yosemite valley even if it's not turning red! In the late afternoon, winds will blow the water into trailing mists.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 98 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!