In my lightboxes:
- Title: Not Forgotten
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lone Pine, California
- Nearest Town: Keeler, California
- Brief Directions: Just outside of the town of Keeler, below Cerro Gordo.
- GPS Longitude: 117.8731
- GPS Latitude:
- Description: I drove by this site many times over the years, waiting for the light and elements to fall into place before shooting it. I then spent quite a bit of time talking to the locals and perusing files in the Lone Pine Museum and government offices, but to no avail. I'm still trying to find who the occupant of this site is. To make matters worse, according to the locals, a flash flood unearthed the graves, and they had to be reburied, further complicating the records. Notice the childs site, just diagonally to the right of this one, below Cerro Gordo Peak? (Delta 100 @ 80, through a Viv S-1 & orange filter).
- Gear: Nikon FM film camera. Ilford Delta 100 film. Orange and polarizing filter.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 66 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!