In my lightboxes:
- Title: Do I Look Okay?
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Otter Cliffs
- Nearest Town: Bar Harbor
- Brief Directions: From Bar Harbor, Maine head south on route 3 to Otter Cliffs.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this picture in Bar Harbor Maine 5/5/2013. I was scoping out the shore line for photo opportunities.The recent black and white assignment, from Outdoor Photographer Magazine, was in the back of my mind. Normally I don't consider Seagulls as anymore then an element in a picture. These gulls were strikingly white and, in fact, beautiful birds.I found out later their called Glaucus Gulls. Their a much larger bird then I'm use to. They made great black and white subjects.
It's mating season so the birds had other things on their mind. I had time and was able to move aroud to better compose my shot and get the sun where I wanted it.I could have gotten much closer but I wanted to mitigate intruding on the birds. I had my 70-200mm 2.8L II IS to work with
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8L II IS, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 127 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!