In my lightboxes:
- Title: Jetskier Flying
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Chelan
- Nearest Town: Lake Chelan
- Brief Directions: Driving From Seattle
Via Snoqualmie/Bluett --3 hours average/173 miles: From I-5, take I-90 east. Take 2nd exit (Cle Elum to Wenatchee). Head north on Hwy 97 to Hwy 2 east. Off of Hwy 2, take the exit for East Wenatchee/Spokane. Take Lake Chelan exit onto 97Alt.
Via Steven Pass--3 hours average/166 miles: From Everett, head east on Hwy 2. Take East Wenatchee/Spokane exit. Take exit for Lake Chelan on 97Alt.
- GPS Longitude: 120.0464
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I took this photo in late summer, 2011 from the back of the Lake Chelan tourboat with my 70 - 300 telephoto zoom, needless to say handheld! There were a number of jetskiers jumping the waves in the wake of the tourboat. This particular jetskier was by far the best! He consistently made his jetski jump completely in the air. He was clearly into it and having one great day! It was an incredible vicarious thrill for me to capture him making his jetski fly! In this photo he is completely airborne!!
- Gear: Nikon D40, Sigma 70 - 300 Telephoto, Tiffen circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 114 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!