In my lightboxes:
Bishop Creek Rapids
- Title: Bishop Creek Rapids
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Trees Campground
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Brief Directions: Rt 395 to Bishop, Rt 168 west to big Trees Campground. Park there, the creek is nearby.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Before morning ight hit the creek, I scouted for a composition conveying the power and grace these rapids. Unhappy with possibilities from shore, I rock-hopped into the creek, found my spot, and perched precariously on a small rock with my tripod partly submerged in front of me. Had to be very careful as the creek temp was in the high 30's after a 3' blizzard had blanked the Sierras in early October. Shot at 120 mm to compress the rapids.@ f16, 1/3 sec , ISO 400.
- Gear: Nikon D300, tamron 28-300mm f3.5-6.3 VC, Manfrotto tripod, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 55 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!