In my lightboxes:
- Title: Hog Camp Branch
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shenandoah National Park Central District
- Nearest Town: Luray
- Brief Directions: Skyline Drive to mile 49.4, the Fishers Gap Overlook. Parking is on the west side of the Drive; the Rose River Falls trailhead is on the east. Hog Camp Branch is on the south side of the loop, after passing Rose River Falls. The loop trail is a 4-mile hike.
- GPS Longitude: 78
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Hog Camp Branch is easily accessible from the Rose River Falls Trail in Shenandoah National Park. The trail parallels the water and provides perfect vantage points for countless cascades. After a good rain - or several days of rain! - the cascades are amazing. Part of the trail is flat, part is rocky, and after a rain or when the weather is foggy, the rocks are especially slippery. The trail connects to the Rose River Fire Road to return to Skyline Drive, and along the fire road is one of many cemeteries located in the park.
- Gear: Sturdy hiking boots, hiking poles, insect repellent, water, camera, tripod (but there are many rocks and downed trees that can be used for camera support), water protection for gear
This Photo Has Been Viewed 200 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!