In my lightboxes:
St. Augustine Fl Sunrise The Morning After
- Title: St. Augustine Fl Sunrise The Morning After
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Vilano Beach
- Nearest Town: St. Augustine FL
- Brief Directions: Over the bridge from St. Augustine FL to Vilona Beach
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: St. Augustine Fl Sunrise - The Morning After
Sunrise at the beach in St. Augustine Florida. This was a very difficult shot to capture, and I always really enjoy the challenge of shooting landscapes in conditions that are hard to work in. I was in the water up to my waist for this shot, and the waves were hitting me chest high requiring me to lift my camera up as each one came at me to keep it from being drenched in salt water. I had just enough time to set it back down, plant it, and recompose for the long exposure before having to lift it above my head for the next wave. Holding the camera still for the long exposure in all of the rushing water was a challenge, and having to recompose the shot for every frame in such short time kept me on my toes for sure. In the end, the element of danger for myself and my gear combined with the difficulties of shooting in these conditions make getting a shot like this extra sweet. It's the essence of landscape photography for me, and I can't wait to get out there and do it again!
- Gear: Nikon D800 17-35mm f2.8 and Reverse Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 139 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!