In my lightboxes:
Moon Eclipse, Grand Teton Park
- Title: Moon Eclipse, Grand Teton Park
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton National Park
- Nearest Town: Jackson, Wyoming
- Brief Directions: About Ten miles north of Jackson Wyoming
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On December 10, 2011 a rare western horizon level moon eclipse was forecast for the west coast of the United States, I was wishing I were there. I have seen and photographed numerous moon eclipses over the years but it was always in the middle of the night with the moon straight overhead. Sure the photos were cool but that was about it, there was nothing terrestrial within reach to improve the composition. I was delighted to find a notch in the Grand Tetons of Jackson Hole to line up this lunar event.
- Gear: Canon EOS 7 ll Canon 500mm F/4L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 117 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!