In my lightboxes:
- Title: In The Tent
- State/Province/Region: Georgia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cohutta Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Ellijay
- Brief Directions: Directions: Google Directions
To the northwestern trailhead in Alaculsy Valley: From the GA 52-US 411 intersection in Chatsworth, travel US 411 orth about 13.5 miles, past Eton towards Tennga, to the community of Cisco. In Cisco turn right onto the paved road immediately before Cisco Baptist Church. This road is known as Old Highway 2, also called FS 16. Continue on FS 16 following the pavement until it ends, stay right at the fork, continue pass Hopewell Church, cross Conasauga River, stay on FS where FS 51 veers right. Coss the suspension bridge over Jacks River into Tennessee, the parking lot is to the right.
To the southeastern trailhead at Daly Gap: From US 76-GA 5 intersection north of Blue Ridge, travel north on GA 5 towards McCaysville for 3.7 miles. Turn left onto Old GA 2, continue for 10.5 miles (pavement ends a 9 miles) to FS intersection at Watson Gap, make hard right onto FS 22 for 3.6 miles to trailhead at Dally Gap.
- GPS Longitude: -84.5195007324
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Beautiful Jacks River in the Cohutta Wildrness, part of the Chattahoochee National Forest. It is a very wild a rugged area for the east and therefor relatively uncrowded. We found a fabulous campsite right beside the river. I was taking some water photos with slow exposures when I noticed that my husband had the tent lit up with his head land while he perused the map. I couldn't resist the glow of the tent next to the glow of the moonlit river.
- Gear: Canon 5D MKII
This Photo Has Been Viewed 30 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!