In my lightboxes:
- Title: Full Moon Rising
- State/Province/Region: Florida
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Juniper Prarie Wilderness, Ocala National Forest
- Nearest Town: Salt Springs, FL
- Brief Directions: Probably the best trail to take is the Florida National Scenic Trail, which bisects this area starting from SR40 near Juniper Springs Recreation Area and runs north section of the trail will take you through some of the most scenic areas including the popular overnight backpackers' haven, Hidden Pond and nearby Crooked Sapling Pond.
- GPS Longitude: -81.69444
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Winter is the best time to hike the Florida Trail. The temperatures are mild and the bugs minimal. I captured this image about two hours after the sunset. A full moon was rising and there were whispy clouds moving through the sky. There was a grove of dead trees that were creating interesting silhouettes against the sky. I put my camera on a little joby tripod under the tree and painted the tree with my head lamp. The clouds blurred and the colors of the wood popped out.
- Gear: Canon 5D MKII
This Photo Has Been Viewed 97 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!