In my lightboxes:
Desert Rainbow View From Tikaboo Peak, Nevada
- Title: Desert Rainbow View From Tikaboo Peak, Nevada
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Area 51
- Nearest Town: Rachel, NV
- Brief Directions: 22 miles of rough road heading west of Upper Pahranaget Lake along Hwy 93 in Nevada.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Tikaboo Peak, somewhat near Rachel, Nevada, offers the only legal view of the infamous Area 51, a place known for military testing and fables of stored away alien remains. It's a good hour hike to the top of the peak if you're in good shape. It took me two hours, and I ended up with a pulled groin before I made it back to the truck the next day. It's usually very dry and exposed, but I lucked out and made the summit just as a storm was clearing.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds Mark 3, 24-70mm f2.8, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 171 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!