In my lightboxes:
A Photographer's Shadow At Little Finland, Nevada
- Title: A Photographer's Shadow At Little Finland, Nevada
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gold Butte, NV
- Nearest Town: Mesquite, NV
- Brief Directions: From Gold Butte Scenic Byway east of Mesquite, Nevada, make a left on Mud Wash road. It's rough and probably dangerous if muddy. After about 12 miles of driving, there's a sharp right turn which leads to the site. Make sure to bring a map and better directions than these!
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Way down a muddy wash lies one of the best red rock displays of eroded sandstone in the world. Most tourists pass it on their way to Death Valley, Las Vegas, or Zion, but little do they know that this location is as good as any for an evening of photographic exploring. It's been called Hobgoblins' Playground and a few other things, but it seems that the title, Little Finland, has stuck, and that's what most people call it.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds Mark 3, 17-40mm f4, Gitzo Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 73 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!