In my lightboxes:
Sprague Lake On An Overcast Day
- Title: Sprague Lake On An Overcast Day
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Rocky Mountain National Park
- Nearest Town: Estes Park
- Brief Directions: Go west from Estes Park to the entrance of RMNP and follow the signs to Bear Lake. You will pass Sprague Lake along the road and a short walk from its parking lot leads to a nice trail around the lake.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Sometimes the Colorado sky is not the typical deep blue that appears in most of the state's photographs. But even on overcast and rainy days the scenery can be breathtaking. And, when clouds are everywhere, the time of day and the position of the sun are less of a factor. That was the case on this late September day when I captured this image of Sprague Lake in RMNP. One of the advantages of "bad weather" is fewer visitors in the park!
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera; Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens; Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 121 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!