In my lightboxes:
Breaking Storm View Over Nevada's Area 51 From Tikaboo Peak
- Title: Breaking Storm View Over Nevada's Area 51 From Tikaboo Peak
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Area 51
- Nearest Town: Rachel, NV
- Brief Directions: I'd really hate to send someone out here who wasn't an experienced driver with 4x4 and high clearance. There are directions on the web to Tikaboo Peak if you feel adventurous.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The infamous Area 51, in Central Nevada, is a well-guarded and top-secret United States military base which is reported to house unseen weapons and alien remains. There is only one legal mountainside view of the location and it's from the summit of Tikaboo Peak. I made the overnight hike during Mid-May, a time when the weather can be questionable, and I was hailed on during the ascent. Once I arrived at the top, the rain stopped, and I saw one of my all-time favorite views of the American West.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds Mark iii, 24-70mm f2.8, Gitzo Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 57 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!