In my lightboxes:
Kebler Pass Clearing
- Title: Kebler Pass Clearing
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kebler Pass
- Nearest Town: Crested Butte
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: While hiking and photographing around the Kebler Pass area outside Crested Butte, CO, I scouted this spot one afternoon and thought it would make a good sunrise shot. I woke the next day to full overcast with periods of light rain and snow. Knowing this morning was my only chance to take this shot (all vacations must come to an end), I went to the location regardless of the full overcast. The cloudy skies did cause the aspen forests to really "pop" with color, and after more than three hours huddled under a tree waiting, the clouds lifted for a few moments revealing a section of East Beckwith Mountain.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 150 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!