In my lightboxes:
- Title: Foree Area
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: John Day Fossil Beds NM, Sheep Rock Unit
- Nearest Town: Dayville
- Brief Directions: Head north on highway 19 from the Condon Paleontology Center to the Foree Area
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Sculptured John Day formation sediments, capped by enormous flows of Picture Gorge Basalt on a cloudy, misty day show the intensely saturated colors of the dissolved minerals in the rock.
- Gear: Canon 5D; 28-70 mm @ 36 mm; Gitzo tripod; RRS BH 55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 198 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!
generated in 1467019534.560 seconds.