In my lightboxes:
- Title: Smoke And Clouds
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: Fish Camp, Yellowstone National Park
- Brief Directions: Along Yellowstone lake.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is a picture of smoke and clouds on Yellowstone Lake at sunrise.There were forest fires raging in states to the West and the smoke was settling in valleys in and around Yellowstone.The smoke was mixing with the clouds giving it this strong orange, red and yellow color. This is what I was getting out of the box. I made small post adjustments to the exposure and contrast, in lightroom, only so it will view better as a thumb nail size. I made No enhancements to the color. I set my exposure to f/32 and 1/50th of a second. I wanted to get as much star burst as I could given the smoke and clouds. The longer exposure allowed the color to saturate the image. I used a prime lens for clarity. I realize this picture has minimal elements but that was the idea.This picture prints up fine on large prints but is primarily to add a small splash of color to a room.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8L II IS, Canon cable release, Manfroto Tipod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 196 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!