In my lightboxes:
- Title: Athabasca Glacier
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Columbia Icefield
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: The Athabasca Glacier is in part of the Columbia Icefield, located in the Canadian Rockies between the Alberta towns of Banff and Jasper.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The overcast sky provided the perfect mood to capture a black and white image of the glacier and surrounding mountains from the Interpretive Center that is across the Icefield Parkway that skirts the glacier. Not many years ago, the glacier filled the valley and stopped just short of the highway. The effects of global warming are evident in this photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 24 -70 mm f 2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 187 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!