In my lightboxes:
- Title: Paul's Point
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes South
- Nearest Town: Big Water, AZ
- Brief Directions: There're some things you need to find yourself.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is a picture taken at Coyote Buttes South during the golden hour after sunrise. I had been to this area several times over the years and wanted to photograph this spot form atop a butte. I camped at the trail head so I could photograph the area at first light. The complicated rock formations on the Vermilion Plateau create a challenge in getting any kind of composition. I realize "composition" may be a 101 term and thought process but I do want the eyes to be able to rest. Many of the pictures I've seen ion the plateau, including my own, unless the subject is isolated, leave the eyes to wonder. This point, to me, gives some kind of continuity to the rock formations. I left the ledge in for scale and foreground. The Tee Pees are in the background. Clark Bench is behind them. In the far background is Cedar Breaks just in front of Brian's Head the highest peak.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon EF 10-20mm, Manfroto Tripod, cable relaease, Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 472 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!