In my lightboxes:
Slow Motion Falls
- Title: Slow Motion Falls
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierras
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Lakes
- Brief Directions: From the town of Mammoth Lakes, go south on Lake Mary Rd. Continue up and past Twin Lakes. The Twin Falls parking area is on the right, and opposite Lake Mamie.
- Description: I arrived at Mammoth Lakes, well before sunset so I would have time to scout out a less photographed scene. Once I arrived at the top of Twin Falls, I knew this was where I wanted to shoot. I hiked up and down each side of the waterfall, until deciding that I liked the view from the top of the falls, best. My intention was to photograph this scene at sunrise; however as it was late afternoon, I attached a B+W ND 110 filter to my lens, so I could obtain a long enough exposure to smooth out the water, cascading from the top of the falls. My plan was to use this effect to add a surreal aspect to the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 AT-X 116 Pro DX, Gitzo Series 2 Tripod, Vanguard BBH-200 Ballhead, B+W ND 110 Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 279 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!