In my lightboxes:
- Title: Oooooooooo.......
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: County Road 361 to Camp Bird Mine
- Nearest Town: Ouray
- Brief Directions: Drive south from downtown Ouray on Main Street, which is US Hwy 550. At the south end of town, the road turns sharply right (west). After a couple hundred yards, it turns left until you’re pointed east. That’s where you make the turn to the right where you see a sign for Yankee Boy Basin-Ouray County 361.
- GPS Longitude: -105.54950488
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This graded road goes to Yankee Boy Basin (one of the most amazing alpine flower fields in the U.S.) On the way to the basin, the road is very exhilarating. It is narrow, has many curves, and really great overlooks such as the one in this photo.
- Gear: Canon T2i & Tamron 18-270
This Photo Has Been Viewed 74 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!