In my lightboxes:
Pacific White-sided Dolphin
- Title: Pacific White-sided Dolphin
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coronado Islands
- Nearest Town: San Diego
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This was taken on a whale watching charter off the San Diego coastline. As our boat headed back to the harbor, we suddenly found ourselves surrounded by Pacific White-Sided Dolphins heading towards us from every direction, and about as far out as you could see. They would come and ride the waves at the bow, and the wake behind. The playfulness underwater at the bow was the most exciting and interesting, and the clarity of the blue water was stunning. It was exciting standing there, clicking off frames until the right moment, where this one dolphin is in the right position compositionally.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, EF 24-105L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 131 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!