In my lightboxes:
- Title: Skimmer!
- State/Province/Region: New Jersey
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge
- Nearest Town: Oceanville
- Brief Directions: South Jersey coast Off US9, just north of Atlantic City
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: My wife and I decided to travel the eastern coast from Long Island down to North Florida, visiting as many National Wildlife Refuges as possible. This stop at Edwin B. Forsythe Natl Wildlife Refuge yielded some nice birding activity. Late in the afternoon, we spotted a group of skimmers feeding in a still pond, just off of the loop road. This gave me a change to try out my newly purchased Nikkor 80-400 VR lens, handheld and panning. My primary focus is landscape photography, always with a tripod, so this was a new experience for me. Shooting the skimmers was a blast and shooting handheld with a 400mm lens was liberating and fun. This is my offering for wildlife in motion.
- Gear: Nikon D200, Nikkor VR 80-400 4.5-5.6, set at 400mm, Handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 80 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!