In my lightboxes:
Black Crowned Heron
- Title: Black Crowned Heron
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southern California
- Nearest Town: Santa Barbara
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This picture of a Black-Crowned Heron was taken in Santa Barbara on a recent vacation. I have lived in California all my life and had never been to Santa Barbara. I walked down to the piers to try and get some shots of the beach and ocean on what the locals call the “June Gloom”. It was gray almost the whole I was there. While headed back to the hotel, near a bus stop on a busy street I noticed a man with binoculars looking up at this tree. I decided to look up too. In this tree there where Snowy Egrets and Black Crowned Herons nesting. Since it was a really gray day, this seemed like the best chance I had to get some wildlife pictures. I didn’t have my tripod with me so I had to handhold all the shots I took that day.
- Gear: Nikon D80, AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300 mm zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 101 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!