In my lightboxes:
The Decisive Moment
- Title: The Decisive Moment
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: James River
- Nearest Town: Richmond
- Brief Directions: There are a number of National Wildlife Refuges that border the James River. One of them, the James River NWR, requires 72-hour notice to visit.
From Richmond, take Interstate 295 south to Route 10. Take Route 10 south/east toward Hopewell. After passing through Hopewell, proceed another 8 miles to Route 639. Take a left and look for the Refuge entrance sign.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photograph was taken in the early morning light, just as the bald eagle was about to catch a fish on the James River. The outstretched talons of the bald eagle draw the viewers focus, but the reflection on the water makes the shot.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 208 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!