In my lightboxes:
Double Take Moon And Garden Of The Gods
- Title: Double Take Moon And Garden Of The Gods
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Garden of the Gods is a city park in the northwest area of Colorado Springs.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is a combination of two photos but it represents something that does occur. I photographed the full moon in August, 2011 and the evening image of some of the sandstone monoliths in Garden of the Gods in April, 2010. With the magic of Photoshop I added the moonrise to the GOG. Photographing moonrises over landscapes has always been difficult for me. My old cameras were not able to do double exposures an so in the slide film days most of my images looked like someone had punched a hole in the slide where the moon was. With today's technology this can be overcome in many ways including HDR and other software measures.
- Gear: Moon: Sony DSLR A-700, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens; Garden: Sony DSLR A700, Sony DT 18-200 F 3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter, Camera's own Fill Flash
This Photo Has Been Viewed 247 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!