In my lightboxes:
Spring Moonrise And Thunderhead
J. Michael Anderson
- Title: Spring Moonrise And Thunderhead
- State/Province/Region: Georgia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: powder springs
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: As my wife and I were leaving her parents house in the late evening, I noticed above some tall trees surrounding their house the tip of a beautiful, thunderhead and the moon rising behind it. With a lot of excitement, we jumped in the car and exited the neighborhood trying to find a good vantage point to shot from. Thank the LORD I had packed both camera and tripod, just in case! We pulled over into an unfinished housing development with lots of open skies. By this time the setting sun was painting the thunderhead a lovely hue of orange and darkening the eastern sky. I then took several exposures in black and white and a few in color. This was by far my favorite image. my wife and I and our three month old daughter, had a lovely time as a family as we soaked in the beauty of the moonrise and thunderheads. It is an amazing thing that the LORD would grant us the privilege of perceiving His communicated beauty through His creation. Isaiah 6:3
- Gear: Nikon d200, Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX, velbon tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 479 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!