In my lightboxes:
When The Moon Meets The Needle
- Title: When The Moon Meets The Needle
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States Minor Outlying Islands
- Nearest Area: Magnolia
- Nearest Town: Seattle
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: After I missed the opportunity to capture the super moon last year, I continued to chase after that decent moon shot. This time I was out at the same location, however, isntead of standing inside the park TPE was telling me to stand on the midsection of the Magnolia Bridge. In result made it more difficult to capture the shot due to vibration from passing vehicles. To compensate with vehicles vibrations I had to braced the tripod with my hands before pressing the shutter button in mirror locked up mode. Overall, definitely worth all of the trials and errors over the year and this night’s moonrise was really an unforgettable night.
- Gear: Nikon D800E, Nikon 300mm f/2.8 AF-S, X2.0 tele-convertor, Gitzo tripod, Alcratech ball head, Kirk L-plate
This Photo Has Been Viewed 262 times
, Black & White
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!