In my lightboxes:
Ozone Falls - Glen National Natural Area
- Title: Ozone Falls - Glen National Natural Area
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ricketts Glen State Park -
- Nearest Town: Benton
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Okay, I am going to "cheat" a little bit on this assignment. I have 4 favorite shots from the last two years that I will submit into the assignment - this is the first. Pennsylvania does not have any National Parks; but they do have 27 National Natural Areas or Landmarks. The Glens National Natural Area is one of them and one of my absolute favorite spots. In the 1930's this area was being considered for a National Park site, but budget issues and WWII put an end to the consideration. It was named a National Natural Area in 1968 and is protected in the Ricketts Glen State Park. It is known for its 24 named waterfalls and old growth timber. I took this shot on June 20, 2013,f/5, 1/10th of a second, ISO 100. I coverted it to black and white in photoshop.
- Gear: Canon EOS Rebel T2i, Canon Zoom Lens 18-55mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 60 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!