In my lightboxes:
- Title: Mesa Arch
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Canyonlands National Park is west of Moab.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I arrived at Canyonlands National Park around midnight. I walked to Mesa Arch to set up my tripod to obtain the best vantage point knowing that it gets crowded with photographers early. I went back and slept in my truck in the parking lot. It did get crowded before 6:00 am with 21 photographers wedged in and we were greeted with an excellent sunrise. I took about 200 photos with the sun "under" the arch. After everyone else left, I hung around to get some shots of the sun peeking "over" the arch and liked this shot best of all. This is an HDR image. This image was taken April 30, 2012.
- Gear: Canon XSI, Tamron 10-24mm lens, Manfrotto tripod, polarizer, cable release.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 134 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!