In my lightboxes:
- Title: Pink Heat
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: Albania
- Nearest Area: Zabriskie Point
- Nearest Town: Furnace Creek
- Brief Directions: Follow 190 east from Furance Creek for approx 2.5 miles, turn off is on the right hand side
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Had planned to photograph the Mesquite Flat
Sand Dunes but with the extremely high temperatures that day (128 F) decided to stay closer to Furnace Creek and photographed sunset at Zabriskie Point. There was some high level clouds which were barly noticable, but after the sun had set they turned to a nice shade of pink and created an almost errie light. Under exposed the photo by 2/3 of a stop and used a 2 stop Grad ND filter to saturate the color a little more. What you don't see is the temp was still above 120 degrees and I had the point to myself once the sunset had set.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 17-40mm Zoom, Tripod, 2 stop Grad ND Filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!