In my lightboxes:
- Title: Smokey Light
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Grand Teton NP - Ox Bow Bend
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: Ox Bow Bend is about a mile east of Jackson Lake lodge on Hwy 287.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Spent 3 days in Tetons NP in Fall 2012 but the smoke from a number of fires was very thick and at times obscured the mountains completely. This morning was not much different but nice cloud color at sunrise reflected somewhat onto the smoke (and misty fog) which produced a different effect at the well photographed, Ox Bow bend. Under exposed photo by 2/3 of a stop and used a 3 stop grad ND filter to empasis the color color.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, 24-105mm Zoom, Tripod, 3 stop grad ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 90 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!