In my lightboxes:
Milky Way And Me
- Title: Milky Way And Me
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Mesa Arch in Canyonlands National Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Using three small headlamps I placed them in static off camera locations using the natural terrain to bounce reflective light back on the Mesa Arch. Then setting my camera to continuos shooting mode I locked the shutter at thirty second exposures and slowly walked out onto the famous arch and help my high powered flashlight and pointed it towards the Milky Way in the southern sky. Being the only one there I was able to hear my shutter click and start/end the exposure. After a few frames I worked my way back to camera and was glad to get this frame capture so I didn't need to stand on the edge of a 800+ foot cliff in the middle of the night.
- Gear: Nikon D800,Nikon 17-35f2.8,Gitzo Travler 1
This Photo Has Been Viewed 115 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!