In my lightboxes:
Last Light On The Peaks
- Title: Last Light On The Peaks
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon Village
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This was taken February 2013, as an Alaskan storm blew through the Grand Canyon. I was supposed to be driving home to San Diego this day but I was snowed in-I've always wanted that to happen! I spent about 3 hours at Hopi Point in freezing conditions hoping some light would break through the clouds. About 15 minutes before the sun went down this light beam appeared. I took a few shots with my 17-40mm lens, then realized a close-up of just the peaks would be much better. I frantically changed lenses with my freezing fingers, hoping this light would last long enough to get my gear set up. Fortunately it did!
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk III, 24-105mm lens, tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!