In my lightboxes:
- Title: Zion Glow
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Carmel Junction
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I took this picture at sunrise on the east side of Zion National Park in the spring of 2012. The night before there was a blizzard so I stayed in Escalante, Utah. I was passing by Zion's eastern entrance the next day so I made it a point to wake at 3am and make it in time for sunrise. I new from past experience the light, just east of Checker Board Mesa, is real nice in the morning. At the same time I've always had trouble composing a shot in this area. The elements are all over the place.I need the light as a crutch to create a focal point sometimes. This picture is a case in point.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon EF 10-20mm, Manfroto Tripod, cable relaease, Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 377 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!