In my lightboxes:
Bursting Through - Cowee Mountains Overlook
- Title: Bursting Through - Cowee Mountains Overlook
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Smoky Mountains
- Nearest Town: Waynesville
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The lower half of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Mount Pisgah and Waterrock Knob is perhaps the most dynamic stretch of this popular byway, and is also consistently the highest elevated stretch of the road, with elevations between 5,000 and 6,000 feet most of the way. At those elevations, the weather can change on a dime - as it did for me at Cowee Mountains Overlook near Waynesville. Showers and thunderstorms were the order of the day until a brief clearing appeared to my right, the sun briefly bursting through and offering a stark contrast to the dark and moody skies to my left.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Tokina 12-24 lens, graduated ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!